Dr. John Jowers
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Dr. Jowers is a physical therapist and strength and conditioning coach. He specializes in rehabilitation of running injuries, ACL reconstruction, hip labrum surgeries, foot & ankle injuries, and overhead throwing injuries, among other orthopedic injuries. He also specializes in use of video analysis for runners, overhead throwers, and field & court sports. He performs lower extremity injury screenings for individual athletes or entire teams. Through this, he also designs injury prevention training programs and provides educational seminars. He has presented at multiple conferences and has been featured on WTTG Fox 5 and WRC NBC 4.
- Relates: to patients through his own experience as an athlete.
- Understands: the association among spiritual, mental, emotional, social, and physical aspects of healing.
- Seeks: to involve all people in some sort of fun athletic activity starting at a young age so that it carries with them through life.
- Dedicated: to preventing injuries by promoting healthy lifestyles and habits.
- Believes: that God divinely created our complex and dynamic human body.
Dr. Jowers is board-certified in sports medicine through the ABPTS. He received his bachelor of science in kinesiology from the University of Maryland College Park and his doctorate of physical therapy from University of Maryland Eastern Shore. He performs functional dry needling treatment (Kinetacore certified level 2). He is an APTA-certified Clinical Instructor to physical therapy students. He offers spinal manipulative treatments and active release technique (ART) treatments.
Dr. John is a DC-area native. He enjoys rowing, running, and playing ultimate frisbee, basketball, and baseball. He is active in his church community as a leader in college ministry and men’s ministries. He resides in Rockville with his wife and two kids.