Athletic Performance & Post Rehab Specialist
Speed, Agility & Explosive Power Development
Relates: Coach Philbin has worked with elite athletes in all sports and all levels for 30 years.
Understands: Coach is a former Olympian that understands what it takes to compete at the highest level of sport. In addition, what it takes to come back from an injury BIGGER, FASTER , and STRONGER!
Seeks: To help motivate athletes to reach their physical genetic potential and their athletic goals.
Dedicated: Coach is passionate & committed to helping teach athletes how to physical & mentally prepare for competition.
Believes: If the athlete is willing to sacrifice & dedicate themselves to reaching their fullest potential it makes my job easy, fulfilling, and enjoyable. The athlete must be 100% committed to achieving their goals & approach every session with focus, enthusiasm & passion to learn.
Coach Philbin background:
- Nationals Baseball Head Strength Conditioning & Post Rehab Specialist (7 yrs)
- Washington Redskins Conditioning & Speed Coach (8 yrs.)
- Director United States Olympic Training Center: Designed programs for All Olympic Sports (3 yrs.)
- S.S.A. Conditioning Consultant 15 Countries
- Adjunct Professor University of Maryland Kinesiology Department: Science of Training Athletes (present)
- President & Founder National Strength Professionals Association (1985-present)
- NSPA / ASIA Largest HIT Certification in Far East
- NSCA Maryland State Director & CSCS / RSCC*E (present)
- NBA Numerous World Championship Players
- Speed & Conditioning Coach University of Maryland (3yrs)
- Nautilus International Strength Consultant United Kingdom Certified 8 National Rugby Teams
- Director of Strength & Rehabilitation Shady Grove Sports Medicine Center (3 yrs.)
- Owner & CEO Philbin’s Athletic Training Center (8 yrs)
- World Boxing Association 8 Championship Belts on HBO Conditioning & Nutrition Coach (5 yrs)
- 1992 Head USA Bobsled Coach / Director of Strength & Power Development (5 yrs)
- USA 1 Bobsled Team Athlete / All-American Track & Field Decathlete / 4 yr Captain Frostburg State Un. Football
- Author 3 Books: “High Intensity Training for the Elite Athlete” & NSPA Certified Conditioning Specialst & Post Rehab Specialist